Your balance is due 12 weeks prior to your holiday start date. To pay your balance or view details of your booking, simply login to your account.
We require a 25% deposit which will secure your chosen holiday.
All of the fridges on the boats are 'under counter' style domestic fridge/freezers. The freezer space above isn't huge but will easily fit some ice, peas and icecream, for example.
Your pick up time is dependant on which boat you are booked on, due to Covid we are now staggering the arrival times. If you are booked on Moondance or Moonshadow arrival time is 12.00, Moonshine or Moonlight would be 14.00 and Moonbeam 16.00.
Your drop back time to vacate the Hire is also dependant on the boat you have booked. If you are booked on Moondance or Moonshadow drop back time is 8.30, Moonshine or Moonlight would be 9.30 and Moonbeam 10.30.
It's best to take a look at our itineraries to get an idea of how far you can go during you canal holiday.
Allow four to five hours' cruising a day, and work on 2 miles per hour.
A lock takes roughly 15 minutes, so add the miles you want to travel to the number of locks ('lock-miles') and divide by three to get the rough cruising time required.
Experienced boaters may go as far as Bristol to the West and London to the East (and Ripon to the North, if you have a couple of months to spare!), but this will require extra licences at your own expense. Inexperienced boaters will be restricted to the K&A between Bath and Newbury - still a good three weeks' worth!
Your well behaved pets are welcome (but not on the furniture please). A surcharge of £25 will be made to cover extra cleaning and £10 for each additional pet.
Yes. Bicycles can be stored on the roof of the boat, or tucked away at the stern of the boat. But we do advise that you bring your own lock and chain to secure them to the boat. We also have bicycles you can hire for your holiday. Please contact the office either on 01672 851550 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Moonbeam - Ideal for large groups or families. The large middle cabin has lots of flexibility for sleeping arrangements. Moonbeam has two bathrooms.
- Moondance - Good for couples, two couples or a couple and two singles. The middle cabin can either be configured as two singles or a double with the addition of a double sofa bed in the lounge.
- Moonshadow - Good for couples, two couples or a couple and two singles. The middle cabin can either be configured as two singles or a double with the addition of a double sofa bed in the lounge.
- Moonlight - Good for couples, two couples or a couple and two singles. The middle cabin can either be configured as two singles or a double with the addition of a double sofa bed in the lounge.
- Moonshine - Our newest and most luxurious boat. Designed for romanic escapes for couples. This boat is a 2 + 2, ideal if you would like another couple joining you during your holiday.
You are generally free to moor where you wish, as long as it is on the towpath side of the canal. You must make sure that you do not moor up overnight on a water point or pumpout facility, infront of a lock or if the bank is not suitable. White mooring bollards are usually found in places where boats are meant to moor temporarily to use the facilities or drop crew members off to work a lock or swing bridge - so you mustn't moor here for any length of time. Steel mooring rings are usually found at visitor mooring locations which are perfect for mooring up overnight on - you won't need your mooring pins here and you'll be able to depart your boat with ease without the use of your gangplank.
For more rural mooring you'll need your mooring pins, and sometimes your gangplank if you're unable to pull the boat close enough to the bank, due to a shallow edge. There are three mooring pins and a mallet provided on your boat. Using all three pins keeps your canal boat safe and secure overnight.
Almost none. Our boats are very well equipped and everything is included on board, including fuel.
Your first car parking space is free of charge and £25.00 per week per car or £12.50 per short break for any additional vehicles.
We charge £25.00 for your first pet and £10.00 per additional pet.
The boat is insured by us for third party risks and damage to the boat in excess of £500.
You are advised to take out your own holiday insurance to cover cancellation, personal accidents and loss of personal effects. Moonraker recommends HSBC Direct travel insurance, call them on 0800 277377; or Guest First on 01404 41234.
Problems are very rare, but we do have an emergency engineering call-out service.
We're only a phone call away no matter how serious the problem and we'll do our very best to get you going as soon as possible. We've even had a call out in the middle of Christmas dinner!
Don't worry! We will give you all the instruction you need which is very thorough.
We stay onboard with you for as long as it takes for you to feel comfortable, confident and relaxed.
You do not require a licence to drive a narrowboat. To help you, your boat carries a comprehensive manual containing all you will need to know. You'll also find all the maps you need.
Please don't bring any high powered electrical appliances without our agreement.
Everything you need for a comfortable holiday is provided:
- Comfortable beds with feather duvets (we can provide alternative duvets on request)
- All towels are provided
- Galley with gas cooker, microwave, fridge, crockery, cutlery, pans, cafetiere etc.
- Digital colour TV with Freeview
- CD Stereo and DVD.
- Luxury Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath
- Full Size Shower
- Flushing fresh-water toilet
- Life belt, plank, mooring pins, etc
- Life jackets if requested
- 2 sets waterproof jackets and trousers
All you need bring are your clothes, toiletries and food.
You'll join your boat at our Wharf in Honeystreet.
Moonraker Canalboats Limited
The Old Builders Wharf
Just click on the 'Book Now' button at the top right of your screen, then follow the instructions.